Prabhuji, David, Ben Yosef, Har-Zion, creator of Meditative Philately or Philatelic Yoga, who writes under the pen name Prabhuji, is a writer, painter, and avadhūta mystic. In 2011, he chose to retire from society and lead the life of a hermit. He spends his days in solitude, praying, studying, writing, painting, and meditating in silence and contemplation. Prabhuji, David, Ben Yosef, Har-Zion, is the creator of Meditative Philately or Philatelic Yoga. In the Far East, for thousands of years, masters have transformed simple activities into paths of inner development. In this way, simple flower arrangements became “the art of Ikebana”; drinking tea became “the tea ceremony”; confrontations inspired the different martial arts; and even simple walking turned to be “the Zen walk”. Ordinary activities were used as means of meditation and real paths toward ourselves, toward our inner reality. Prabhuji is both a philatelist and a renowned teacher of Eastern religions and philosophies. He has used philately since childhood in an organic and natural way as a means of inner evolution. The essence and foundation of both philately and meditation is observation. Meditative philately is a method, or a set of techniques, created and developed in order to promote concentration, observation and, finally, an expansion at the level of consciousness. Just as a mantra serves as a sound support for the mind, the stamp fulfills similar functions at the visual level being a small paper mandala.
Prabhuji, a knowledgeable philatelist, a dealer authorized by the American Philatelic Society, and a member of the following societies:
Royal Philatelic Society London
United States Stamp Society
Great Britain Philatelic Society
American Philatelic Society
Society of Israel Philatelists
Society for Hungarian Philately
National Philatelic Society UK
Fort Orange Stamp Club, American Stamp Dealers Association
U.S. Philatelic Classics Society
FILABRAS – Associação dos Filatelistas Brasileiros.
Member of the Fort Orange Stamp Club of Albany, New York. Established 1926.